Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com (USA) Inc., one of the support companies in the United States, is looking for a Content Editor.
This position may be located in either Bellevue or San Francisco.
Booking.com (USA), Inc one of the support companies in the USA, is looking for a Content Editor.
As a Content Editor, you will create commercial content for accommodations on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality. You will be in contact with properties and our Hotels Department on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features, etc.).
Your goal will be to promote each hotel in the most attractive – yet objective and concise – way, in order to provide support to Booking.com BV in attracting visitors to book rooms through our website. You will create copy using all available resources, including customer reviews.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-travel.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide support in the creation and review and to continually improve web-copy that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the property, resulting in a better performance of the property;
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality standards;
- Collect essential content by contacting properties and working with the local team;
- Day-to-day commercial communication with properties by telephone and e-mail.
- Experience of creating attractive content and writing/editing;
- Good face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet);
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- A goal-oriented team player.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus;
- 1-2 years work experience in similar position.