Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.Booking.com BV, one of the support companies in the Netherlands, is looking for a Content Editor in Amsterdam. As a Content Editor, you will create commercial content for accommodations on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality.You will be in contact with properties and our Hotels Department on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features etc). It is crucial that you can communicate in Dutch and are able to sell the importance of content for increased bookings.Your goal will be to promote each hotel in the most attractive – yet objective and concise – way, in order to persuade people to book rooms through our website. You will create copy using all available resources, including customer reviews. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-commerce.This is a full-time position based at our Amsterdam office.Main responsibilities:
- Create, review and continually improve commercial web-copy that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the property, resulting in maximum reservations;
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality;
- Collect essential content by contacting properties and working with the local sales team;
- Day-to-day commercial communication with properties by telephone and e-mail.
- Experience of creating commercial content and writing/editing;
- Good face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Fluent English and Dutch speaker and writer;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet);
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- A goal-oriented team player;
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry is a plus.
We offer excellent conditions of employment and possibilities for further career growth within our fast growing company. To find out more about Booking.com and apply directly please visit the link below and apply with your English cv and cover letter.
Booking.com B.V., part of the Priceline Group (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™, the world leader in booking accommodations online. Each day, over 800,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com. The Booking.com website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide.Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for any type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites. Independent accommodations are also specifically a focus of Villas.com, a sister site recently launched by Booking.com. Truly international, Booking.com is available in more than 40 languages, and offers over 600,000 properties in 210 countries.