Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.As a Content Editor, you will create and curate commercial content for accommodations on Booking.com, maintain up-to-date information and monitor content quality.You will liaise with our Hotels department and be in contact with properties on a daily basis in order to validate information and acquire content essentials (photos, room features etc). It is crucial that you can communicate in Dutch and are able to promote the importance of content for increased bookings for Booking.com BV.Your goal will be to optimize the customer experience and promote each hotel in the most attractive – yet objective and concise – way, in order to persuade people to book rooms through Booking.com BV’s website. You will create copy using all available resources, including customer reviews. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates with a good understanding of the hotel industry, a customer mindset and a passion for e-commerce.This is a full-time position based at our Amsterdam office.
- Create, review, source and continually improve commercial web-copy that accurately reflects the character and facilities of the property, resulting in maximum reservations;
- Ensure web page content is maintained to the highest quality;
- Collect essential content by contacting properties and working with the local support team;
- Day-to-day commercial communication with properties by telephone and e-mail.
- Experience of creating commercial content and writing/editing (in English);
- Good face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Fluent English and Dutch speaker and writer;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, basic photo editing and Internet);
- Quick and resourceful desktop researcher;
- Flexibility, accuracy, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Pro-active and positive attitude;
- A goal-oriented team player;
- Experience in the field of communication;
- Affinity with e-travel and/or hotel/tourism industry is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. Most importantly, we offer a very dynamic, vibrant, international environment where new ideas are embraced and new information is valued.
Booking.com BV, part of The Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 635,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 47+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 17 years of experience and a team of over 10,000 dedicated employees in 165+ offices worldwide. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.