We are looking for a Commercial Excellence Manager – China to support Booking.com BV with the rapid and continuous growth of its business in the Region. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure the execution and implementation and the commercial success of Booking.com BV’s innovations and initiatives that will help to drive Booking.com BV’s performance in the Region. The core responsibilities of the role are: Pricing, Communication, Insights, Partnership Building and Satisfaction; Analyzing data; etc.
This role will be reporting to the Regional Director Hotels. Pricing managers will report to this role. (Future) topic specialists will report to / cooperate closely with Commercial Excellence Manager.
This role will also internally act as China representative for Booking.com BV’s Hotels Innovation Team in Amsterdam that guides commercial and operational opportunities and challenges in the region. Based on data and facts the role will be responsible for being the internal voice of the Region for local needs related to the Hotels performance in the Region and help set priorities based on these needs and overall company focuses.
This role is a full time position based in Shanghai office.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supporting Booking.com BV through:
- Executing the implementation of Booking.com BV’s innovations in the region and work with the Regional and Area Managers to ensure effective usage:
- Roll out of partner focused innovations: new products and services (marketing innovations)
- Roll out of HD (internal) focused innovations: new tools and processes (innovations)
- Improving commercial and operational performance of the region
- Grow participation of partner focused products and services
- Grow usage of HD (internal) tools and processes, with strong focus on Insights
- Supporting regional input on Booking.com BV’s HD innovations in products / services / tools and processes
- Analyzing data, creating operational plans together with the Area Managers of each office
- Influencing and preparing business cases that are requested to drive performance in the local offices (ie. Giving feedback on a regular bases to senior management on the improvement and challenges regarding improving internal performance
- Analyzing existing areas and ways for improvement
- Delivering quantity and quality reports of specific topics such as last minute availability, events performance etc.
- Coordinating of Area Manager Meetings, supporting the RD and RM’s.
- Attending Quarterly Innovations meetings at Booking.com BV ‘s HQ, Amsterdam
- Delivering trainings related to performance and ensure follow up – incl Pricing, Insights etc.
- Monitoring the local Pricing and work in conjunction with Implementation team
- Working with your team to ensure goals are met efficiently and on time
- Performance of planned roll-outs (of products, services, tools, process)
- Based on priorities set by MD/RD and HD Innovation, realization of improvements in
- Price performance
- Availability performance
- New partnership performance
- Partner support performance
- Office performance
- Market share performance (key UFI’s / key partners)
- Accommodation type performance
- Realization of opportunities using Insights as key HD performance tool
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- 4+ years experience in Booking.com with a strong analytical background;
- Understanding of the Hotels department and of the role of Regional and Area Managers
- Fluent in Chinese & English;
- Understand what can be influenced to improve partners satisfaction;
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- Excellent implementation and project management skills
- Excellent change management skills
- Strong commercial focus and the ability to prioritize tasks accordingly;
- Pragmatic and results-focused;
- Able to work well independently and within a team; good communication skills with a “can do” attitude toward problem solving;
- Available to travel 50% of your time.
- You are eligible to work in Shanghai without work permit
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Commercial Excellence Manager. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.