Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the leading online accommodation reservation service in the world) is looking for Business Risk & Control Officers to join the Risk & Controls organization. We continuously strive to improve all aspects of our performance, and this position represents a new and exciting opportunity for you to join a fast growing, motivated team of professionals in Amsterdam.
As a Business Risk & Control Officer, you will be part of Control Operations who will be responsible for supporting process owners throughout the business to design and maintain internal controls in line with risk and to maintain the quality of our processes. You will work closely with stakeholders from multiple departments. This position will require you to have a strong big picture focus, but be able to zoom in and out of the details to ensure you understand the processes fully.
The Risk & Controls department is newly formed, as is this sub team Control Operations, so you will have a great opportunity to build and shape the scope as the team evolves.
B.Responsible: key areas of responsibility will include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with process owners by providing guidance and support in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment, mitigate the company risks and support the business in achieving objectives
- Identify control gaps, based on identified risks
- Facilitate and participate in cross functional groups to implement or enhance controls in cross functional processes
- Support process owners and control performers in standardizing & improving process and controls documentation
- Support the business in ongoing compliance with SOX, COSO, GDPR and other control areas
- Monitor control performance of business controls across the company for timely and effective execution
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation including flow charts, process narratives and risk and control matrices, segregation of duties matrices and any others required
- Develop and deliver training, tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding impact of internal controls & compliance
- Support Internal and External audit teams to ensure that remediation plans are implemented on a timely basis for any deficiencies found
- Minimum 5+ years of previous work experience in business analysis, auditing, corporate governance, risk management or internal controls
- Strategic thinker with a high degree of analytical talent and business process understanding
- Thorough understanding of internal controls (e.g. SOX & COSO) and experience in applying them in various business areas/functions
- Flexibility to adapt to an ever-evolving and dynamic work environment
- Self-starter with strong sense of responsibility
- Energetic and very proactive
- Quick thinker and confident in decision making
- Process, problem solving and action oriented mindset
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality & professionalism
- Ability to develop strong relationships with business partners in order to drive risk management culture and implementation
- Experience with finance processes and/or controls is a plus
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (other languages would be a plus)
- Project management skills a plus
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in The Netherlands.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Business Risk & Control Officer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.