Booking.com B.V. is offering a unique opportunity for a Business Intelligence Manager to lead a team of analysts in our Marketing Science team in Amsterdam. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for measurement and reporting of branding effectiveness at one of the largest travel brands in the world.
Booking.com B.V. launched its first Branding campaign in the United States at the beginning of 2013. We have since expanded these branding activities to nine countries and we are experimenting with online as well as offline media. Because there is a strong tradition in data-driven innovation at Booking.com B.V., measurement and performance of our branding activities is undertaken with the same rigor. With an ever diversifying marketing mix we require innovative ways of testing and measuring the branding impact across online channels and the interactions between them.
In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of talented analysts who primarily measure the effectiveness of Brand activities through traditional performance marketing techniques, market research, sophisticated attribution methodologies and sophisticated methods developed in-house. You would also work closely with colleagues with complementary skills and external agencies to help drive awareness, consideration and usage of the Booking.com brand in a scalable and measurable way. A team player with a self-starting approach, you must have gravitas and the ability to get things done. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of specialised analysts.
- Identify and evaluate trends that correlate to our branding activities at different levels.
- Plan media schedules that maximises target reach without comprising measurability.
- Identify marketing mix combinations in each region/market that lead to increased awareness and adoption of the Booking.com brand.
- Derive analytical methods to better understand the long term impact from our marketing touch points.
- Conduct research & insightful analyses to help inform the branding team on which creative, channels and networks are successful or not.
- Advocate and communicate our marketing strategy working closely with different internal teams and departments.
- Develop strong relationships with advertising partners (eg. Google), our agencies (both creative and media) and stakeholders throughout the business.
- Previously lead or managed an analytical team.
- Postgraduate Degree that included econometrics, computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field;
- 7+ years’ experience, preferably working with big data and/or experimentation (experience in MySQL and HQL is a plus);
- Demonstrated ability to conduct analytics and build new models with a commercial focus;
- A real team player with solutions-focus and entrepreneurial spirit;
- Fluency in English both spoken and written;
- Proven experience of developing and implementing online/offline marketing campaigns and successful track record in heading projects to success;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and deliver results under tight deadlines.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Business Intelligence Manager in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.