In this role, you will be responsible for building and growing relationships with accommodation property types, beginning with Cruises. This is a critical function as Booking pursues our GEM (Global Experiences Marketplace) strategy, as it will allow us to grow and expand into new spaces and segments.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and leveraging strong and lasting relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure healthy supply for the accommodation segments, while balancing the rapidly changing needs of our business. Expect to contribute to team-wide strategy and manage internal processes on key issues. You will be accountable for delivering results, programs, and best practices that scale. Importantly, you will constantly strive to ensure our partnerships remain strong by creating the best experience possible for our partners.
- Build Booking’s presence in new segment expansion areas, such as Cruises, among external stakeholders through strong communication channels and participation in relevant industry events
- Manage all aspects of prospective & existing relationships, ensuring partner success, and developing new growth opportunities through both proactive and reactive levers
- Own internal relationships with legal and commercial teams to establish the right terms for partners and Booking’s business
- Work closely with the SET leadership and teams to define priorities, build relationships, and lead cross-functional execution against defined metrics and OKRs
- Track, analyze, and communicate key metrics to internal and external stakeholders, and negotiate and execute new growth initiatives
- Create programs to empower Booking’s account teams to source, onboard, and develop new relationships at scale
- Review historical performance and create insightful recommendations for business partners on how to grow segment supply
- 3+ years working in the Cruise industry mandatory
- Experienced professional with solid background in business development / commercial roles. Expertise in start-ups, technology, ideally in e-commerce, SaaS, products is highly desirable
- Skilled in establishing and driving operational processes
- Experience with strategic partnerships
- Creativity and “out of the box” thinking that drives innovation. The ability to “see around corners” and “connect the dots” that enable business to proactively drive business, not just respond to it.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible and a positive attitude
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of key topics
- Strong executive presence and ability to support strategy clearly and simply. Ease with executive-level interactions – ability to distill complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels (from Managing Directors & VPs to entry level employees)
- Ability to lead cross-functional collaboration in a highly matrixed and complex environment. Capable of dealing with multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Fluent in English. Must have superior written and verbal communication skills
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Business Development Manager - Cruises in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.