We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the hotel industry to lead and develop a well performing team in order to support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotels partners and optimizing the relationship with those already existing. The role will be based in our office in Stockholm.
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for coordinating the multiple account management teams for key destinations or areas in Sweden. You will also be responsible for the account management of key hotels groups in the assigned area. You support Booking.com BV by create operational medium to long-term plans, quantity and quality reports and are accountable for the long-term growth of the area, the accomplishment of targets as well as developing and successful and coaching talents within your teams. You will report directly to the Regional Manager.
You will be responsible for a hotel team in the appointed region, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You will be reporting to the Regional Manager in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background and hotel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviours and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
- Manage and motivate a team of Account Managers & Senior Account Managers
- Use tools to analyze hotel/city performance and to prioritize actions
- Create operational plans
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc
- Responsible for area coverage, internal targets and long-term growth of the assigned area
- Be a medium for complaints and problems
- Support Booking.com BV in practicing allotment management; getting more availability and better rates
- Deliver quantity and quality reports for information support to Booking.com BV
- Advise hotels about internet strategies
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits
- Assist Booking.com BV in marketing its brand name to hotels
- Support Booking.com BV in expanding hotel networks
- Lead and develop a well performing team
- Responsible for coverage of the appointed area within Sweden
- Support Booking.com BV’s strategy for hotel availability and supply within Sweden
- Analyze and identify existing areas
- Support Booking.com BV in manage relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels, including visitations
- Implement promotions based on seasonality of the appointed area
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the hotel team for the appointed area
- Providing information support to Booking.com BV by conducting thorough competitor research and analysis reporting in order to gain competitive edge on hotel availability and supply within Sweden
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with national groups to promote growth.
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus
- Excellent communication and commercial skills
- A minimum 4 years overall people management experience
- Excellent understanding and experience within the hotel market
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and business skills
- Business focused
- Positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license
- Availability to travel up to 50%.
The hiring company Bookingdotcom Sverige AB is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Sweden. Bookingdotcom Sverige AB is looking for a Area Manager - Sweden . Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.