We are seeking an Area Manager to support the implementing of Booking.com BV’s strategic direction and continuing growth efforts for Strategic Partnerships in Greater China region. This position will be based in our Shanghai office.
The Area Manager, Strategic Partnerships is responsible for executing strategies related to Booking.com BV’s third-party distribution, business development and partnership goals across diverse sectors and geographies.
To ensure success, this role requires an individual with a strong background in ecommerce, travel industry knowledge is an advantage, and successful senior level business development skills and demonstrated success with large scale distribution partnerships are essential. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and engaged team builder with the ability to influence teams and functions at the highest levels.
- Lead all aspects of executing Booking.com BV’s partnership growth strategy for the region, including segmentation, account management and supporting the partner prospecting and onboarding processes.
- Monitor the business development cycle (sourcing and closing large partnerships) that align to the group’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain successful business practices with Booking.com BV’s strategic partners and the teams that manage them.
- Build and maintain a professional network within the online (travel) industry;
- Leverage and invest to expand existing professional network and profile for Booking.com within the region
- Support Booking.com BV in research, identification and segmentation of business opportunities regarding strategic partners (websites/ mobile platforms) to increase the number of potential visitors and bookings on these platforms;
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of these partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to create and maximize new business opportunities;
- Highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market;
- Provide relevant priorities and regional product inputs to Booking.com’s HQ in Amsterdam for further partner product development and support services.
- Proactively support the business and all internal priorities for the region, reporting to the Regional Director of Marketing, Greater China.
- 8 years relevant work experience within ecommerce or travel
- Ability to envision, articulate, and execute a compelling future for the business
- A proven track record of effective management of people and leader of successful teams
- Ability to manage across teams, geographies, cultures, functions, external organizations and partners
- Knowledge of relevant industry trends shaping the online travel market
- Ability to garner support from HQ in Amsterdam on local feedback
- Well-honed presentation skills, you will present with comfort and ease
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Availability to travel up to 35%
Our reward philosophy is designed to give you the best ‘deal’ possible:
- Opportunity to grow professionally and to be part of the future of the global travel industry
- Work with Booking.com BV’s high-scale, complex, world-renowned product
- See the real time impact of your work
- Smart, driven colleagues and a fast-paced, performance driven culture
- Great headquarters in Amsterdam, one of the Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities
- Scope for rapid career development, continuous training and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and great added perks
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Area Manager Strategic Partnerships - China. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.