Area Manager Global Accounts Americas
We are looking for an Area Manager – Global Accounts Americas
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background in the North American hotel or travel industry to lead and develop a high performing team in order to support Booking.com BV’s execution of global strategy with key partners.
The main objective of this role is to support Booking.com BV in optimizing the overall performance of global hotel groups; to guide, develop and motivate your team of (Key) Account Managers and Coordinators, and to assist the local hotel teams in their cooperation with hotels groups in their countries.
As an Area Manager, you are responsible for supporting Booking.com BV with managing its relationships with the assigned hotel groups. You are responsible for coordinating the account management team for the assigned hotels groups in the America’s. You will also be responsible for supporting senior stakeholder engagement of the assigned hotels groups in the America’s. You support Booking.com BV by creating operational medium to long-term plans, providing quantity and quality reports and assisting with the long-term growth of the hotels groups area, the accomplishment of internal targets as well as developing and successful and coaching talents within your teams.
You will be internally responsible for a team based out of several locations in the Americas, managing and motivating employees in the team. You will also be responsible for quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You will be reporting to the Director Global Accounts, Chains and Ownership Groups. in improving hotel availability and supply and supporting Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This role requires an individual with a strong background managing a team of high performers working with enterprise accounts or spanning a large geographic region of responsibility. In addition to and travel industry knowledge, accompanied with the ability to build relationships; highlight behaviors and key trends in the designated market; with a focus on availability and supply.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and motivate a team Key Account Managers & Coordinators;
- Support Booking.com BV in establishing and maintaining good relationships with central offices of the assigned hotel chains.
- Day to day communication with the assigned hotel chains
- Assist Booking.com BV with reporting on monthly and quarterly basis to the assigned hotel chains about bookings and performance from participating hotels.
- Support Booking.com BV in analyzing and identifying new opportunities of existing hotel chains to work closely with the Booking.com model.
- Use tools to analyze chain/hotel/city performance and to prioritize actions;
- Create operational plans;
- Visit key accounts and join team members on field trips, events, etc.
- Responsible for area coverage, internal targets and long-term growth of the assigned area;
- Be a medium for escalations, stakeholder engagement, complaints and problems;
- Liaise with local hotel teams, other departments such as Connectivity, other hotel group’s teams in other regions, finance, CS etc.
- Support Booking.com BV in practicing allotment management; getting more availability and better rates;
- Deliver quantity and quality reports for information support to Booking.com BV;
- Advise key partners about internet strategies;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair, Travel Industry or Partner Conference visits;
- Assist Booking.com BV in promoting its brand name to hotels;
- Support Booking.com BV in expanding hotel networks;
- Lead and develop a well performing team;
- Support Booking.com BV’s strategy for hotel availability and supply within the hotels part of your assigned chains;
- Analyze and identify existing areas;
- Support Booking.com BV in managing relationships for new hotel chains or for important hotels, including visitations;
- Monitor progress and manage performance of the hotel team for the appointed area;
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical ability to work with international groups to promote growth.
- A minimum 4 years overall leadership of a top market team or enterprise/strategic account management experience;
- Excellent understanding of the hotel and hotel chain market;
- Customer focused, independent, sense of responsibility and target focus;
- Excellent communication and commercial skills;
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience networking in professional associations within the Hotel/Travel Industry
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility and ability to work independently;
- Excellent communication and business skills;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Proven Presentation and Public Speaking skills
- Excellent skills with Power Point, Google Slides, Excel, Google Sheets and other MS Office or G- Suite applications.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Availability to travel up to 75%.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 – 7 years+ of experience in a relevant function;
- 3 – 5 years+ proven management experience of a top market team or enterprise accounts team;
- University level degree.
- Extensive knowledge of Booking.com formula and processes;
The hiring company Booking.com (USA) Inc. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in United States. Booking.com (USA) Inc. is looking for a Area Manager Global Accounts Americas. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.