Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) is looking for an Area Manager Connectivity EMEA.
As an Area Manager Connectivity EMEA you are responsible for day to day management and professional development of the members of the Connectivity team in EMEA. This role includes goal setting, resource planning and priority setting for a team with multiple direct reports. Your team will support external clients as well as provide support for internal customers such as the local Partner Services Department account management teams.
You will be responsible to ensure that you and your team have strong relationships with key partners including the connectivity teams of Booking.com’s accommodation partners and IT companies. In this role you will work closely with other Connectivity teams across the globe.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day management of a team of account managers;
- Preparation of and leading in execution of annual and quarterly EMEA Connectivity department action plans, objectives, goal setting and reviews;
- Professional development and regular coaching of team members;
- Building strong relationships with key current accommodation and IT partners as well as potential future partners;
- Responsible for ensuring all IT partner accounts have comprehensive account plans and actions defined
- Ensure that the EMEA Booking.com Connectivity team is well known and respected as a active part of the hospitality technology community;
- Responsible for motivating team in pursuit of optimization of partner connections both on hotel chain and IT Partner level
- Analyze the accommodations on interface for improvements to make on the accommodation/IT side;
- If needed handle XML integrations of hotel chains and individual hotels;
- Ensure market needs and Booking.com development are optimized for long term success;
- Translate global strategy to local needs in EMEA, owning from end to end the execution of this strategy in the region.
- Identify opportunities to enhance or innovate on Connectivity interfaces;
- Provide regular updates on progress and impediments on activities in the region, maintaining a strong connection with central teams.
- 5 years of experience in managing a technical sales or operations support team with direct reports in multiple office locations (Hospitality/Travel Industry preferred)
- 3 years of experience in a relevant account management function; including recent experience in account planning, and departmental planning
- Experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry preferably in IT, or Distribution support or commercial teams;
- Knowledge of and experience with OTA (Open Travel Alliance) specifications, XML based messaging and SQL a strong plus;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel at least 50% of the time.
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Area Manager Connectivity. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.