Application Security Analyst
We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength – it is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment with a culture that is both open and innovation and performance oriented. Our scale, scope, commitment to people, and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
As a Security Analyst you will work as a member of the Application Operations team which is responsible for detecting, analyzing, assessing and mitigating the impact of application level attacks against Booking.com systems, partners and customers. As a member of the Application Operations team, you will participate in the defense of one of the world’s leading e-commerce organizations and have the opportunity to learn, and develop skills in a truly world leading and innovative security practice.
- Maintain and operationalize detection and response technology to allow for improved prevention and reduced threat impact
- Lead incident response according to established guidelines, working closely with Incident Managers to document, mitigate, and communicate impact with necessary stakeholders including legal, privacy and other security teams
- Facilitate retrospective analysis in order to ensure incident response encompasses lessons learnt and a state of continuous improvement is maintained
- Analyze large and complex data sets to identify both new and established threats and conduct investigations
- Respond to alerts in a timely fashion and assist in the implementation of new detection methods
- Provide an operational response to phishing attacks against our accommodation partners and customers by mitigating impact and communicating with affected parties
- Sharp focus on ensuring operational excellence, maintaining SLA for core responsibilities and where gaps exist, working towards innovative solutions
- Actively participate in our goal of continuously improving our technology and techniques to enhance detection and response capabilities with data driven insights
- Experience of working with large data sets in order to identify new patterns and trends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to share knowledge, mentor peers, and to communicate effectively with different stakeholders
- Good level of commercial awareness
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on both customer and business impact
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience with web application security is a plus
- Intermediate to advanced level of understanding regarding computer security concepts at both technical and procedural level
- Ability to read and understand Perl or Java is a plus
- Strong Understanding of leading industry guidelines on secure programming practices from organizations such as OWASP and SAN
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Application Security Analyst in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.