We are looking for a talented Android Developer to join our Technology team in our Shanghai office and help Booking.com BV to make the best travel app in the world! Booking.com’s application has millions of downloads and a huge amount of active users. You will be a part of our newly formed China Product Development team in Shanghai. Join us and support Booking.com BV’s #1 accommodation platform with some of the industry’s smartest people!
Our guiding principle is that by helping users we help the business, so we listen to Booking.com users and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you’ll be part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes ownership of its part of the projects. You’ll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to the mobile app. Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop new features and A/B test them with users
- Solve issues with the app, prioritizing based on user impact
- Collaborate with Back-end Developers, Product Owners and Designers to constantly improve the Android app
- Contribute to growing the team through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products customers want to use. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our huge scale.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 3+ years of Android application development using Android SDK
- 5+ years of experience as a developer with Java and other languages
- Be able to work on a primarily Chinese version of our app
- Strong interaction and design sense, excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Process
- An approved Play store app
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to learn
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You’re not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
The hiring company Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com Customer Service Center (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. is looking for a Android Developer. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.