We are looking for talented Android Developers to join our mobile team in our Amsterdam headquarters and help us to make the best travel app in the world! Our Android developers are given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements to our top rated mobile app and impact more than 10 million users worldwide.
Our guiding principle is that by helping our users we help our business, so we listen to our customers and give them features they want to use. As a developer in our mobile team you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small start up-like group which takes full ownership of its part of our platform. You’ll be working on the iterative improvements we make as part of our high-speed release cycles, as well as looking ahead and implementing broader changes to our mobile app. Important aspects of the job include:
- Rapidly develop new features and A/B test them with our customers
- Solve issues with the app, prioritizing based on customer impact
- Collaborate with Back-end Developers, Product Owners and Designers to constantly improve our Android app
- Contribute to Booking.com’s growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
We expect our developers to know the ins and outs of the Android framework and to deliver polished products customers want to use. We need self-starters who are great at solving problems, initiate solutions and discussions and are not afraid of solving challenges due to our huge scale.
We have found that people who match the following requirements are the ones who fit us best:
- 5+ years of experience as a developer using Java and other languages
- At least 2-3 years of this experience must be from working with Android SDK
- Strong interaction and design sense, excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Android Market place & Distribution Process
- An approved Play store app
- SQL knowledge and/or willingness to learn
- Experience working with A/B testing
- You are passionate about open source and contribute
- You’re not afraid to solve deep technical challenges of a whole new level at a huge scale
- You have an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations and you are always on top of the latest trends
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. The Technology department offers training and attends/speaks at global conferences.
This position is open to worldwide candidates and in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ Technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year!
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Android Developer in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.