Booking.com (part of Priceline (NASDAQ: PCLN) is the world’s leading online hotel & accommodation reservation company. People can access our platform anytime, anywhere from their desktop, mobile phone or tablet device. The website is available in 40 languages, offers over 500.000 hotels in 193 countries and attracts visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 8,000 dedicated employees in more than 140 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team available 24/7.
Be part of a young, dynamic and internationally focused team. The team consists of various nationalities from around the world with daily interactions with our offices in the US and Singapore. We are looking for an enthusiastic Accounts Receivable Accountant or recent graduate with an accounting background to join our Accounts Receivables Team. You will be working on a wide portfolio of accounts to ensure that all daily receipts are input and allocated accurately on daily basis.
Ensuring that Booking.com is a great place to work is a key part of our high performance culture, and we view the capability of our people as a key source of competitive advantage. As part of this role you will receive trainings with an emphasis on both technical and personal development. You will be allocated a mentor to ensure that your transition into your new role will be a smooth one.
- Post of all incoming payments from customers (BACS, cheques, credit cards, direct debits, etc)
- Be actively involved in process improvement with a focus on automation and systems
- Ensure accurate allocation and minimal unallocated cash entries on daily basis;
- Ensure errors are kept to a minimum and that any outstanding work is completed that day;
- Initiate appropriate and timely action to resolve any unapplied cash received or cash posting discrepancies;
- Regular contact with banks and correspondence with internal clients at all levels;
- Prepare memos for authorization for the refund of duplicated payments or over payments;
- Respond to queries (from both internal and external customers) relating to cash received and allocation details;
- Be proactive in suggesting and implementing improvements to system, procedures and scalability, including assisting in documenting all existing processes and procedures as required;
- Set up and maintain appropriate records and files concerning customer remittance and accounts receivable posting transactions;
- Assist with GL Accounts reconciliations and month end closing procedures;
- Handle ad-hoc projects whenever required.
- Accounting background or recent accounting graduate would be a pre
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English;
- Bachelor degree;
- Team and service oriented approach;
- Creative thinker
- Experience with process improvement or automation
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and discipline;
- Should be persistent and have sense of urgency;
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
- Only candidates living in the Netherlands will be considered;
- Only candidate with a valid work permit/ search year permit for the Netherlands will be considered!
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonus and stock potential. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
Booking.com BV, part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 42 languages, offers more than 500,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 27+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 17 years of experience and a team of over 8,000 dedicated employees in 115+ offices worldwide,Booking.com BV and its various support companies around the world operate an in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.