For the Payments by Booking Team, we are looking for an enthusiastic Accountant. You will have the opportunity to be part of and contribute towards implementing new processes, working with various banking platforms and payment service providers, allowing customers to pay the hotel directly upfront. The focus of this position is to ensure the accuracy of data received from different sources, for different payment models are reconciled. Your critical mindset, ability to multi-task and clear communication with different stakeholders is crucial in supporting further roll-outs.
It is important that this candidate has experience with SAP, has an accounting background and is comfortable with complex reconciliation. Project related experience and ability to work with cross functional teams is preferable. This position will report into the Senior Team Leader for Payments by Booking.com.
- Post daily journal entries and be involved in monthly closing activities
- Follow up on incoming payments from customers and initiate payments to properties;
- Be actively involved in continuous process improvement with a focus on automation and systems; ensuring clear documentation
- Initiate appropriate and timely action to resolve any posting discrepancies;
- Regular contact with banks, payment service providers and correspondence with internal clients at all levels;
- Build relationships with cross functional teams to ensure priorities are clear and consistent and information is complete and accurate;
- Help the team to meet and exceed the departmental goals;
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to the various stakeholders;
- Managing ad hoc accounting and operational assignments;
- The tasks and responsibilities may change over time.
- 2 years of accounting and SAP experience
- Excel power user, VBA is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English;
- Bachelor degree;
- Creative & critical thinker
- Experience with process improvement or automation
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and discipline;
- Team and service oriented approach;
- Only candidates living in the Netherlands will be considered;
- Only candidate with a valid work permit/ search year permit for the Netherlands will be considered!
Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets. Booking.com International BV, one of the support companies in Netherlands, is looking for a Payments by Booking Accountant.