Booking.com BV (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
Booking.com International BV, one of the support companies in the Netherlands, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Accountant to work within the Automatic Cash Application team.
Be part of a young, dynamic and internationally focused team. The team consists of various nationalities from around the world with daily interactions with our offices in the US and Singapore. You will be working as part of the team, but with a strong focus for driving process improvements and innovations related to automatic cash application.
Ensuring that Booking.com is a great place to work is a key part of our high performance culture, and we view the capability of our people as a key source of competitive advantage. As part of this role you will receive trainings and will be allocated a mentor to ensure that your transition into your new role will be a smooth one.
- Be actively involved in process improvement with a focus on automation and systems;
- Post of all incoming cash payments from customers (direct debit & bank transfer payments);
- Ensure accurate allocation and minimal unallocated cash entries on a daily basis;
- Initiate appropriate and timely action to resolve any unapplied cash received or cash posting discrepancies;
- Regular contact with banks and correspondence with internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Respond to queries (from both internal and external stakeholders) relating to cash received and allocation details;
- Set up and maintain appropriate records and files concerning customer remittance and accounts receivable posting transactions;
- Handle ad-hoc projects whenever required.
- 0-1 years of experience
- Experience with SAP, preferably FI/CO are an advantage
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration Accountancy, or any other relevant field of expertise or combination thereof
- Preference for Business or Information systems degree, and/or banking training with profound IT knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken in English
- Demonstrated success in process improvement or automation related to cash allocation
- Team and service oriented approach;
- Ability to work independently, self-motivation and discipline;
- Internationally focused and an awareness of different cultures
Only candidate with a valid work permit/ search year permit for the Netherlands will be considered
The hiring company Booking.com International BV is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in Netherlands. Booking.com International BV is looking for a Accounts Receivable Accountant (Automatic Cash Application) - Temporary. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.