Booking.com (part of Priceline (NASDAQ: PCLN) is the world’s leading online hotel & accommodation reservation company. People can access our platform anytime, anywhere from their desktop, mobile phone or tablet device. The website is available in 40 languages, offers over 500.000 hotels in 193 countries and attracts visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 16 years of experience and a team of over 8,000 dedicated employees in more than 140 offices worldwide, Booking.com operates its own in-house customer service team available 24/7.
Would you like to work for a fast growing dynamic organization? Do you like to work with young international people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, multicultural flat organization? Are you creative with a critical mindset? Do you have experience in Finance?
As an Accounts Payable Accountant you will join multinational Accounting Team in our head quarter in Amsterdam.
You will report to the AP Team Lead and work closely together with other (Finance) departments in our Amsterdam office. You will support Accounts Payable team responsible for 48 entities, handling 60 thousand invoices on an annual basis.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will possibilities to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Review, verify and post invoices;
- Classify Cost Centers, General Ledger and VAT for expenses incurred;
- Ensure timely invoice approval;
- Recording expenses and process expense reports;
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions;
- Prepare analysis of accounts;
- Payment processing;
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
- Maintain vendor master data;
- Active part of test and implementation of new tools and software’s;
- Support Accountant to maintain accurate bookkeeping;
- Assist with month end closing;
- 2-4 years of accounting or administrative function experience. Financial background preferred. Young graduates will also be considered for this position;
- Fluent English skills;
- Experience in SAP Fi-Co is considered an advantage;
- Knowledge of financial accounting or general accounting procedures;
- Hands-on, positive, fast learner;
- Communication skills;
- Team player, determined to achieve department goals.
- MS Office skills: good working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Accurate and analytical;
- Ability to cope with deadlines;
- Ability to cope with stressful events;
- Shows flexibility and strong commitment towards the job;