You will be responsible for coordinating and managing the support to Booking.com BV’s existing partners in the region, whilst also optimizing the business with these partners. You will leverage your market knowledge, together with your account management, relationship-building and communication skills. You’ll be adept at managing conflicting priorities and multiple projects, and comfortable dealing both with technical and administrative matters
This role will be based in Seoul and will be reporting to the Area Manager of Strategic Partnerships Japan and Korea based in Singapore.
- Provide support to Booking.com BV in maintaining, retaining and exploring successful business partnerships with its regional strategic partners and manage all aspects of interactions with existing partners;
- Monitor the success of each partner and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders, by advising on Booking.com BV’s products and services;
- Broaden the adoption of Booking.com BV’s products and services throughout our existing strategic partner base;
- Support Booking.com BV through deepening its engagement with, and contact points throughout, its existing strategic partners;
- Support Booking.com BV’s existing strategic partners with implementations and both technical and business considerations; and
- Maintaining a high service level, consistent with the company’s values
- Establish an understanding of the business objectives of Booking.com BV’s strategic partners and match these with the range of services of Booking.com BV to support Booking.com BV in creating and maximizing new business opportunities from within the existing partner base;
- Ensure that Booking.com BV participates in all relevant tender processes (RFPs etc) and support in the response process as required, across the existing strategic partner base;
- Continuously monitor competitive behavior to ensure Booking.com BV retains existing partners, and propose solutions to address any competitive challenges; and
- Monitor, research and report findings on market developments in the regional market.
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience in account and project management within the ecommerce and/or travel-related industry, with a strong service orientation and a track record of both retaining and growing existing accounts;
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (incl Excel and PowerPoint) and MySQL;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Korean; other language skills are very desirable;
- Knowledge of the travel and ecommerce industry;
- Business, marketing or other relevant (academic) degree;
- Interested in IT and technical processes and experienced with optimizing existing working methods;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated with ability to work without close supervision; eager to learn;
- Excellent communication & reporting skills;
- Available to travel 25% of the time.
We are unable to sponsor work permits for foreigners to work in South Korea. Only citizens of South Korea are eligible to apply for this role.
The hiring company Booking.com Korea Limited is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in South Korea. Booking.com Korea Limited is looking for a Account Manager Strategic Partnerships - South Korea. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.