Booking.com BV in Amsterdam (the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online hotel reservation service in the world) and/or its various support companies throughout the world are looking for people to support the business in the fast-growing hotel markets.
As an Account Manager you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV in the acquisition of new hotels in a specific area in the Netherlands. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You inform hotels about Booking.com. You provide hotels the (initial) training on how to use Booking.com’s system. You will assist the Senior Account Manager of Booking.com (Netherlands) on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This fulltime position will be based in the Amsterdam office.
- Visit the important hotels in appointed area;
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy for hotel availability and supply within the Netherlands;
- Promote the Booking.com BV brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Responsible to visit important accommodations for area coverage;
- Liaise with hotels on allotment, availability and supply;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for hotels to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotels with information by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Follow up on cancellations and evaluations;
- Accompany and train hotels on how to use Booking.com BV’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support hotels with regards to Booking.com BV’s system;
- Organize and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotels;
- Check statistics in the control room and follow up.
- 2 years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Fluent English and Dutch speaker and writer;
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of revenue management systems;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You already have a work permit to work in the Netherlands.