As an Account Manager Chains in Shanghai you are responsible for hotel account management initially. You support Booking.com BV’s acquisition of new hotel chains in China. You create quantity and quality reports on results and performance for information support to Booking.com BV. You inform hotels headquarter about Booking.com. You provide hotels with market information and workshops on how to effectively use Booking.com BV’s system. You will assist the Area Manager China on the improvement of hotel availability and supply in order to support Booking.com BV in meeting the demands of the visitors on the Booking.com website.
This full-time position will be based in our Shanghai office.
- Visit regularly the headquarter of important hotel chains in Shanghai;
- Support Booking.com BV’s-strategy and analyse data for hotel chains availability and supply within Shanghai;
- Promote Booking.com BV’s brand name and its online reservation services to hotels;
- Assist Booking.com BV with area & market coverage by Chains ;
- Inform hotel chains and advise on allotment, availability and supply and strategic analysis with system understanding;
- Rate checks and competitor checks;
- Liaison person for headquarter of hotel chains to contact when they have questions;
- Providing hotel chains with information and advice by mail and email, including follow-ups;
- Support Booking.com BV by following up on troubleshooting and total evaluations from different aspects such as customers points of view, operational, financial, technical point of view as well;
- Support Booking.com BV in accompanying and training hotel chains on how to maximise the chains’ booking and conversion results through Booking.com’s extranet and rates & availability system;
- Support Global and Domestic hotel chains with regards to Booking.com’s system;
- Organize Hotel Chains workshop and coordinate Tourist Trade Fair visits to liaise with hotel chains;
- Check statistics and research data in the control room and follow up.
- You will also need to be versatile and adapt quickly to the latest guidelines from Booking.com BV.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant account management function;
- Fluent English and Mandarin speaker and writer
- Affinity/experience within e-travel and/or hotel/travel industry;
- Pro-active, sense of responsibility, friendly and can work independently;
- Quick and resourceful, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Great face-to-face and telephone communication skills;
- Team player, motivated and enjoys to work in e-travel and hospitality;
- Business focused;
- Positive attitude;
- Travel industry or Hotel Chains experiences, Hotel School or University background preferred;
- Driver’s license;
- Availability to travel 50% of the time;
- You already have a work permit to work in Shanghai
The hiring company Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is one of Booking.com BV’s and/or BookingSuite BV’s support companies in China. Booking.com (Shanghai) Ltd is looking for a Account Manager Chains. Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. BookingSuite BV is the company which operates Booking.com’s™ newly established Accommodation Marketing Services division. All references to “Booking.com" refer to Booking.com BV.