Booking.com is the global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, regardless of their budget or destination. We’re now inviting the most creative minds in Munich, Germany to help turn the web into an even more addictive and rewarding environment.
The challenge will be to use your programming/designing skills along with your creative thinking to build customer-focused solutions. It's up to you what technology stack and device you choose - mobile, web, plugins, wearables, it's all fair game. You will have access to the Booking.com API, but don’t feel limited to using only this API.
Some of the best innovation comes from integrating multiple services to create something new, radical and creative that solves a problem for travelers. Think about how transport, activities, events, social media and other devices can be combined to help improve the travel experience. If this isn’t your passion, don't worry. The Booking.com API gives you access to over one million properties ranging from hotels to homes, castles, and everything in between.
Every member from the winner team will get a €200 voucher.
- We are looking for the brightest in UI/UX design, back-end, front-end, mobile and product owners to put their heads together and hack on our Booking.com API. The aim is to create multi-functional teams, working together as an actual product team.
- If you’re interested in the hackathon, please apply before June 8 by uploading your CV and portfolio. We will review your profile and get back to you as soon as possible. Ideally, you have relevant experience and a commercial mindset.
- If you are selected, you will receive an official invitation from Booking.com. We are aiming at selecting 40 participants.
Once you’re in:
- The event will take place from June 24 at 9:00 to June 25 at 19:00.
- The documentation is waiting for you at https://developers.booking.com. You will receive the login details once you are confirmed to participate in the hackathon.
- You should bring your own laptop and charger, and a travel adapter if necessary. Food, drinks, and snacks throughout both days are on us.
- We will start the Saturday morning with a presentation about Booking.com, along with some inspiration for the challenges you might want to tackle. Our advice: choose a challenge that excites you; be creative and put yourself in the shoes of our customers to give them the best experience possible!
- You will be working in teams of 3 to 5 people. The goal is to build product-like teams, so make sure everyone in your team can contribute in a way that allows you to present a full product at the end of the two days.
- On Sunday afternoon each team will present a short demo. The Booking.com team will ask questions on the technical implementation and business case and select the winners. The winning team should have an original idea that’s innovative, customer-focused, and well-executed.